So today we had a tiny scare but apparently nothing big....I went for my usual biweekly NST. It can take anywhere from 30 to an hour and a half usually (they need to get enough time of the baby being active and seeing that her heart is okay bc an active baby is a happy baby apparently). So after a good 45 minutes, the nurse took my heartstrip to the doctor and she came back and told the other girl in the room she could go but I couldn't....so she left me hooked up and I noticed that Leah's heartrate kept dropping and so I started to freak out....so then after I had been hooked up for two hours, my doctor came in and pulled the curtains to block me from the other patients. He did an ultrasoun because he wanted to see what was going on and he checked to make sure the cord wasn't wrapped around her neck. It wasn't so that's good. He couldn't explain to me why that happened but after assessing her ultrasound said that she looked fine and healthy...she was moving a lot, etc. So even though I am a worry wart, I feel that it's best to just trust the guy. I have another appt on Monday morning so it will be good to see everything is fine.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Doc appt.
I talked to him about inducing me and he said that he will start to check my cervix around 37 or 38 weeks and if I am "ripe" which means dialated and soft cervix that is shortening, then we can talk about taking her out. He wants to go with my body but still won't let me go past 40 weeks. My stepdad doesn't want the baby to stay in past 39 weeks. He told me to give my doctor his number (he's been a baby doc for over 32 years) and wants my doc to call him if he wants to talk about it (not in a threatening way....just concerned). He says with high bp nothing but trouble will come from leaving the baby in there longer than she needs to be. So we'll see what happens. I am not going to bring that up with my doc for a few more weeks because I was a pain in the ass today already with all my freaking out (but when people come in bc there's something wrong with your baby's heartrate, it's not easy to just be like "oh, okay, that's cool") Anyway, the baby has been active so that's good. I'm having another sleepless night but apparently that's the way it's going to be. Heartburn is getting really old, too. well....only about 6 or less weeks until even more sleepless nights :)
Posted by Samantha G. at 1:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so, leah seems to be doing well. no cord wrapped around her neck. your high blood pressure is not doing any permanent harm. the doctors are checking you regularly and thoroughly. i think you are being an excellent baby maker! keep it up love, just a few more weeks and then we can all welcome leah into the world.
Hey Leah! Stop scaring us! Be safe baby!!!
Post a Comment