CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

labor and deliver trip 1

Well tonight I was cramping and called in....they asked me a bunch of questions and said to just come in....so I went in at 34 weeks, 6 days pregnant and if I was going into labor, they would stop it or at least give steroid shots to help her lungs. Once it hit midnight and my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and the nurse said she thought it might be time, I was informed that since I had turned 35 weeks, they would no longer stop labor or give steroid shots for the lungs. To make a long story short, I am still contracting but I am not dilated at all so the contractions are not putting me into labor....she said that I am definately having contractions and they are close enough together but the intensity isn't strong enough yet....that could take weeks (it could really happen at any time though) She said that I don't need to time them anymore since it's obvious that I am meeting the time deasdline already but to just wait until it is hard to talk thrugh a contraction to start timing it....they said they had me come in originally bc i was still before the 35 week mark but since I turned 35 weeks in the hospital, now it's just about the real deal. No one is stopping anything....come in when it's time to push the baby out.


By the way, it was not pleasant to have the lady stick her right arm up my hoo ha, nor was it fun to have the speculum shoved up either. I vote for Julian to carry the next child of ours.

Over and Out.

5 comments:

Jess said...

SAAAAMMMMMM!!!! That's so scary but exciting! I'm glad she's staying in to grow a little more! I love you!

p.s. The nursery looks amazing!

John Plou said...

woah, it suddenly got so much more real for me

sdudes said...

sweet, i read my book and i am ready to help push :)

Paige Martinez said...

SAMM!!! That's so exciting!! But wait, don't you have a baby shower this weekend??

Brandi said...

little leah is holding on/in. just a few more days and then she can come on saturday while i am in town! perfect! you'll still get the gifts. no worries!