CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

less than a week left...

Ok so as per JP's request, I will post more....I will try to post every day since there's not much time left.


There are already a few updates.  I had said before that on the night of the 26th they are going to "strip my membranes".  This is not true.  I am actually having that done this coming Tuesday at 4:10 and apparently it hurts like hell.  I have to be dilated a little bit for him to try it so I am really crossing my fingers that by the time I get there, I am dilated enough.  Then I will go home and get everything ready.....and come back to the hospital on Wed. evening where they will give me a medicine that they put up on the cervix to soften it and help me start dilating more....this will hopefully jumpstart the labor.  The next morning they will start the pitocin and crank up my contractions.  For that to have a high success rate (so I've heard and read) I need to be thinned out half way (like your cervix thins) and be dilated to a 2 or 3.  Hopefully the other 2 procedures will help me be there.  At some point early on, they better give me drugs. 

Now, on a different note.  Sarah is a sick face right now and will not be able to be at the birth anymore.  She is very sad about this and I of course wish she could be there but there's nothing we can do because the baby has to be protected.  So she is going to send magic healing powers to me via  waves in the universe.  I think that it will work perfectly.  Alas, she will not be giving anyone updates Shan...sorry!  Julian probably won't have much time to but if he does then great.  Maybe he'll update his facebook status or something so that anyone that wants to see can, but it's also very likely that given the fact that I'm sitting/laying next to him in a ton of pain with docs around and his kid on the way, he may not be in a posting mood haha.  I CAN tell you that I am REALLY hoping the baby is born as early and quickly as possible and my goal is to get her out by the evening of the 27th (Thursday).  They say that first labors usually take about 18 hours....but inductions can take longer and up to 3 days. She should be here by the weekend though (dear God, I hope so). 

I am really nervous for how much it is going to hurt.  I have been having a lot of contractions at home on a regular basis and keep praying that they will get stronger so that I go into labor on my own and do not have to be induced....but knowing how Leah's been this whole time....she'll take her time until she's ready and probably wait until the last minute and then go "ok."  At least that is how she was when she was breech and with taking the 3d ultrasounds when she decided she wasn't going to let anyone see her face....but oth times she pulled through and did what I wanted so maybe she will this time too!!  Or she'll just get evicted in a few days whether she wants to come out or not.

This is the last weekend that Julian and I will ever have without children.  I think it's pretty crazy and he does too.  As much as I want her out, I am sure that there will be times that I'll just wish I could tuck her back in and have the time to rest and relax and hang out and go to movies and diiners and um pretty much everything....but that's what the grandparents are for so they can watch her sometimes.  She should be here within the next 7 days.

5 comments:

John Plou said...

thanks Sam, I don't understand a lot of that, but it is probably better that way.

When Leah comes out is when the real fun begins!

Samantha G. said...

JP.....let me put this in terms for you to understnd better....I will go into the doc on Tuesday. He will make me sit in the stirrups and stick his hand up my va-jay-jay and then do some magic like stretch my cervix or god only knows but basically try to help make my labor come faster. Then the next day I will go into the hospital and they will squirt some gel up me hoping that my cervix (the thing that's shut and making it so the baby doesn't come out) gets looser and more ready to get the baby out. Then the next day (after the "ripening agent" if you will) has sat on there long enough...they will give me a drug in an IV that makes me start to have contractions at a faster rate than normal....it can take a long time because my body may not be ready to go into labor naturally (usualyl first time moms go late so that makes me a few weeks too early) But as long as they give me my epidural (aka the needle they stick in your back to numb your pain) I should be okay. Hope that helps explain things for you, JP!!!

John Plou said...

yes more or less, sounds like a barrel of fun, keep me posted!

RajTut said...

Wow Sam, thanks for the update in plain language for us oblivious single guys.

You rock, keep kicking ass!

Shannon Corbeil said...

Sam--you gotta train Leah now. You can't let her be stubborn or she'll have you and Julian wrapped around her little finger (Julian, she'll already have you whipped....sorry). So when it's time for her to come out, you tell her to get her little baby ass in gear and do what she's told!