CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Induction Date

Alright people....it's scheduled tentatively for August 26th....that's 8 days away.


I have to back track...I had a baby shower at my parents' house and it was so much fun. Leah got tons of gifts and stuff that will help us through the baby stages. So now we are busy getting things washed...Julian built the pack in play and the infant swing and I am still working on getting everything put away in the nursery and bathroom and storage for her.

I went to my doctor appt. He wasn't there but I saw someone else. She checked to see if I am dilated....and I am not. This time is was NOT as painful as the last time...the last time I had enough time to break into tears and such but this time it was like in and out- done. Apparently this is how it is supposed to be....so girls, don't worry about it for when it happens to you...they said that it is less painful the more pregnant you are....

So she checked my uterus size and I am still measuring about 2 weeks behind where I should be but for whatever reason, they say its fine. I keep growing but at some point I just lost 2 cm.

So next Wednesday I will be 38 weeks pregnant exactly. I will call the hosptial at 5pm just to make sure they are not full. If they are full then my induction will be postponed. If they are not full, then I am supposed to have a light meal and then get to the hospital at 7pm. Then they will "strip my membranes" and I have a feeling that this is NOT going to be fun. Once we are there, we stay until the baby comes but I have been told that it can be a long and painful journey up to 3 days when u are induced.....Starting Thursday morning, they will give me Pitocin which is a drug to make me start contracting harder and quicker than a natural progression.....I will patiently wait for my epidural but once I hit like 3 cm to 4 cm, they better give it to me. Julian and Sarah will be there with me and Sar- make sure they give me my epidural and remind me that I'll live through it. Julian, sorry in advance. haha Just kidding, I will really try to be as calm as possible but I'm not so great with pain and I'm freaked out!

I have two NST's scheduled before this appt to make sure the baby is okay....and of course there is always the possibility that she'll come before next wed....but I don't think she will.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed....and don't expect any calls or texts until at least late Thursday night or on Friday. It's going ot be a long road I think. Positive thoughts people....send them our way.

Crazy business.

4 comments:

Paige Martinez said...

Sam, you will do great! Pregnancy is the hardest part and you're just about done with that. At least during delivery you know it's almost over and you'll be able to see her soon. :)
Julian- post a pic from your iPhone plleeeaaassee. I can't wait to see her!

John Plou said...

you got this!

Shannon Corbeil said...

Sarah...your first duty is to Leah and Sam. Your second duty is to damn keep us all informed. Find a nurse. Find a way.

I LOVE YOU SAM--it's all about to get interesting!

John Plou said...

Sam, any chance we could get more frequent updates since it is coming down to the wire?
I'm so excited.