CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

36 weeks

The baby is considered full term at 37 weeks so just one more to go before we're pretty much in the clear....although if born now, she should be fine and only have a short NICU stay....she should be over 6 pounds by now...


The contractions have gotten better and I don't really notice them but the real labor ones I know will suck....at least they'll bring her out.

I tried to crochet a hat and didn't make it past the trying to learn the basic stitch and do a row.  I need help and am very frustrated.  I tried for over 3 hours.  Nic, where are you when I need you???

Sarah came over and put a few finishing touches on the nursery.  Thanks for that :)

We had our last birthing class and saw the hospital tour.  I am pretty sure one of the girls in class was in labor...she's 38 weeks and had to stop every few minutes bc of her contractions...she was so weepy and hormonal and I just really am not looking forward to that part.

My shower in Sac is this weekend and it should be fun...after that, it's just time to birth this baby.  It's getting close!!! They want to induce at 39 ish weeks depending on dilation and effacement/thinning of the cervix.  So if things go as planned it's just 3 short weeks (they'll feel long to me, though) and then she's here.  It's crazy to think about though.

Tomor- 36 weeks
Thursday- dr. appt.
Sat. Shower
Monday- dr appt. (he'll check my cervix to see if I am dilated at all....this HURTS)
Tues.- Newborn Care Class
Wed- 37 weeks!
Thurs. Doc appt.
Mon.-Doc appt.
Wed. 38 Weeks! doc looking to induce if body is ready or blood pressure is high.
Thurs-dr. appt.
Mon dr. appt.
Wed. 39 weeks...BABY. oh shit.

the part in italics is just guestimated bc i know i have 2-3 appts a week and know that they want to induce at 39 weeks but the appts could be off a day or two. i just felt like giving a sample haha.

5 comments:

John Plou said...

sooo close sam!

Yamashita said...

haha, sorry Sam, I don't really know crocheting, I'm a knitter. Though I did see this one dude crocheting hats and he would do one hat in like 5 minutes so maybe I'll give it a shot. Man, home stretch! you got this Sam!

Unknown said...

yeah nic, she forgot to mention that the hat was going to be shapped like pikachu. i told her to do something easier but she kept trying.

Yamashita said...

Julian, I hope you're being serious. Because that would be a sweet hat! If it's too difficult you should talk her into making Leah a little crocheted version of the Sorting Hat.
"Hmmmm? Not Slytherin? Then it has to be.. GRYFFINDOR!!!

John Plou said...

update yo