Well...the baby flipped back a week ago (can't remember if I posted that or not) so she's head down and apparently dropping a little lower which is good because it will be harder (I assume) for her to flip back to breech. If she does flip back, I don't think that I am going to let them manually flip her because I've heard from a few people (including a labor ad delivery nurse) that have said that it can actually cause harm because there is often a reason the baby goes breech....like the way the cord is wrapped or whatnot and that it can be painful and a lot of times babies will just flip right back to breech anyway.
We had our first baby shower in San Mateo and it was a lot of fun. Looking at the pictures, I look look like a whale but I should appreciate it because soon I'll be a lot bigger. It is one month from the 38 weeks they said they'd most likely induce me at. But....they switched my medicine because my BP has been too high so we shall see if they want me to go full term now (like if the meds balance out the bp) I am going to discuss this with my doctor on Friday when I see him. I want to see if there is a way to get an induction date now that it's sooner or if it's still a wait and see thing. At least with an induction date, it would be nice to KNOW that the baby is coming on that time. We'll see. Not sure if i posted before but all of the tests I had last week came back normal and fine with her measurements, etc.
Starting tomorrow I have to test my pee daily for protein (yay) because it's a sign of preeclampsia if there is protein in the urine. The NST appointments this week have gone well. Leah looks good and has a good heartrate. I've been cramping but nothing too bad.
I read a news article about a woman that went crazy and killed her baby and then ate his toes and brain. I don't know why I found the urge to share that but um fun fact.
The baby should weigh about the same as a standard cantaloupe (close to 5 pounds). My stepdad is a baby doc and he said if I (when I) get to 35 weeks, it's a good cutoff point to know the baby should be pretty much fine.
Well 34 weeks down and 6 more to go (maybe less!!!) Doc appt on Friday so hopefully more to post then.
ps JP posted on the last blog on how to leave commets...apparently u have to hit tab a bunch of times or something. Thanks, JP.
3 comments:
Yeah Sam!
testing, looks like the comment thing is back to normal on my computer
Yes baby shower a lot of fun!!! And I think your cute. Julian how can you fight with her? =)
Post a Comment