Well....Yesterday I told my students I was pregnant because 1)it's getting obvious that I am larger than before and 2) other students in other classes started asking their teacher after they saw another teacher look at my tummy and do the AWWWW face.
So I put up a hang man game on the board the ended up spelling out "I am having a baby" and it took them quite a while to solve it...once they got I am having a _a_ _" they started freaking out. I couldn't get them to stop screaming.....about 5 of them said that their moms had guessed I was....a few of them said things like "Well, I just thought you were getting fat!" and I laughed really hard. One of them just said that i look the same except my tummy has gone from tiny to not so small. I thank them for their honesty. Anyway, they are beside themselves....One of them interrupted me in the middle of class to tell me, "Mrs. G., When your baby gets old enough, tell him to play the game (i have no idea what its called) on the computer. My baby brother plays it now that he's gettng older" and then another kid brought me a princess pink baby outfit....and before i opened it, they asked me if i thought i was having a boy or girl. i said i had no idea but my guess is a boy. Well, i opened it up and said "OH WELL a girl is great too!" and a boy says "Well, it doesn't matter if it's a girl or boy because you can put a boy in that princess outfit and he won't know it, Mrs. Gallegos. He won't really care when he's that young." I thought briefly about explaining my thoughts about dressing my infant son in a pink princess outfit, but instead just smiled and said, "You know? I've never thought of that! Thanks :) "
So now that I am 12 weeks, I am still 2 weeks away from being done with the 3rd trimester....They baby is about the size of a lime these days. It's face looks like a baby now, with the eyes and ears and mouth in the right location...so pretty much it's looking less alien like and more like a tiny lime-sized baby. It will be developing its reflexes this week. Other than that, it'll just keep doing what it does- moving all around and stuff.
I keep wondering what that's going to be like and it's cool but freaks me out a little. What if it wants to move when I want to sleep? I mean, I guess I need to get used to not sleeping.
Ok dinner time. :)
4 comments:
awesome
*i mean don wit the first trimester
I <3 how JP is an avid reader. Also, I am coming to visit in July and I am going to bring a bunch of pictures of myself so the baby will know who I am, even though I'm in France. Your cool with that right Sam?
I hope you do have a boy and I will dress him in the princess outfit and put it in his wedding slideshow!
Post a Comment