CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 weeks

Tomorrow (Wed. marks me 10 weeks pregnant).  This is really good because they say that the most critical time is prior to ten weeks.....and he/she changes from an embryo to a fetus.  That's exciting!


Having hypertension means that I'm in the high risk preg. category....so whenever something small happens, they freak out.  I have had a rapid pulse and heartrate since last night....and I called just to ask if this was normal and ended up with them telling me that I needed to leave work and go to the Emergency Room.  I was pissed because I knew they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but I felt very disoriented....They are switching my blood pressure medication so we will see how that changes things.  Other than that, just rest, stay hydrated, and take my pulse regulary and send them the numbers.  Oh, and more blood was drawn....the lady was an intern and asked if I minded...I asked her if people really ever say no to her....she said that lots of people do...I let her do it and she did fine....  

This week my blood starts to increase by 40-50%.

As for more interesting news:  The Baby is about the size of a green grape (not the round one, but the oblong one) and measures a little over an inch now.  It moves around a lot but I won't be able to feel it yet...I have gotten mixed figures for when people start to feel the baby.  I will keep you posted on that one.  The fingers and toes are no longer webbed, but no toenails or joints yet (next week).If it's a boy, his scrotum is forming and he is secreting testosterone to prevent himself from getting girl parts.  If it's a girl, she's just chillin'.  His/her head makes up almost half its body.  Its heart has 4 chambers.  His/her teeth are starting to form inside his/her gums.

Ok, off to correct papers and watch Gilmore Girl reruns.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, sam, i can't believe i'm so out of the loop. you guys will be fantastic parents. =)

draz

John Plou said...

what do u mean your blood starts to increase?

Samantha G. said...

i will have a ton more blood running through my body...40-50%more thn i have now.....

John Plou said...

lol Sam + Julian + 1
thats awesome

sdudes said...

Thank you for letting the inter take your blood... us newbies need to build our confidence! Glad you are doing well!

Jen said...

I'm looking forward to saying...Fingernails! huh!