Well, tomorrow marks the beginning of my 6th week....which means that the baby is exactly 1 month old (for all those who are confused about how that works because, like me, you had no idea until someone got preg.....it starts from the day of your last period (6 weeks for me) and u ovulate 2 weeks after that which would be the 4 weeks that the baby has been there....) In that short time, the baby has lung buds, leg buds, arm buds, and a liver. He/She's gall bladder, stomach, intestines, pancreas and lungs continue to form. Apparently it's 3-5mm in size now and the heart is beating (verified next week at my next ultrasound).
All of my blood tests came back favorably. Initially they thought that I had a UTI (7 out of 10 women get them in pregnancy), which would explain the 22 times I pee a day....but apparently, that's just part of the process.
I've been really lucky so far because I haven't been puking. I've gotten nauseous a few times...and needed crackers at about 3:00am, but haven't been bombarded with it. My main thing has been being exhausted and needing to sleep a lot throughout the day, but i love to sleep! So that's cool.
Monday I have a pregnancy class. Wednesday is our ultrasound.
So far so good! :)
1 comments:
my pregnant friend is really going to have a baby!!! this is sooo exciting. when do we get to know the sex? or will it be a secret? i am sooo excited to be an auntie!
Post a Comment