So we are home and it as been an adventure. We are so happy having Leah.
Really quickly I will sum up the events....we went to the hospital and at 9pm wed they gave me pitocin and shoved a cathetar with a balloon up my cervix to dilate me....it hurt. They started everything early because i was contracting on my own a lot. Sarah and Julian were there and we all waited for things to get going....the contactions got stronger in the middle of the night...they gave me a morphine shot and stuck it straight in my butt muscle. I screamed and julian laughed. seriously haha. Then at 6 am, the alarms started going off because Leah's heart rate was dropping a lot. They rushed in and moved me around so that it heled her breathe more. Super scary. Then a few hours later it happened again. I got my epidural at 3 cm and that took away the pain. The heart rate drpped again and then the doctor told me that we were going to mointor a little longer and then he'd come in and we'd decide how to proceed. We didn't have enough time for that to thappen because her heart rate dropped a ton and everyone rushed in and they decided to do an emergency c section. Her heart rate went back a little bit which helped. They rushed me into the room and then about 15 nurses, doc, and other people took they places. Julian was the last person in. They tested out "can you feel this, can you feel this, etc" until they had a good level and then they went for it. I felt the pressure of them cutting and taking stuff out of me, etc. It didn'thurt but I was terrified and just kept praying that she'd be okay. After only a few minutes they had her out and Julian and I both cried really hard (i am sure he's happy I shared that) and julian went and watched her get weighed and her apgar scores (an 8 then a 9 which is good). I didn't get to hold her until after they stitched and stapled me and took me to recovery. As hectic as it was, it was the best moment of my life (along with my wedding with julian) and worth everything.
The recovery has had its ups and downs but we're getting there. We are home. The first night was really hard and breastfeeding is seriously very difficult. My milk just came in in the middle of last night (I woke up with a huge heat wave and felt nauseous briefly and realized what happened. This will help her gain weight because she has lost a little too much weight. She is jaundiced so we have had to make a trip to the doc and have to go back tomorrow....we are crossing her fingers that she is better by then.
Can't complain....we're just really happy to have our baby girl healthy and home.
3 comments:
Congrats again guys, you win the game of life!
I love you three Sam! Congrats! I would love to know when I can call without overwhelming you. I imagine after you have had some time to relax and get a schedule. Know I'm thinking about you!
You guys are amazing! Congrats to you both!!!
Post a Comment