CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

dr. appt

4 mont appt...


I saw a different doc bc mine just had a baby....I asked him a million questions and found out:

Leah's head mark that is red is fine. I don't need to worry about it.

By the time she is 6 months, we need to be prepared to continue any bedtime routine that we have implemented. Since we rock and nurse her to sleep, we either need to know that we'll be doing that for quite some time OR we need to break the habit before which is often done with the "Cry it out" method. I am not against other parents doing this, but do not want to do it with my own child at this time, but I know it might eventually have to be done. I mentioned to julian about doing it and he has a similar attitude to me so we agreed that we would revisit it when she's 5 months.

I mentioned how she cries all the time in the car and he thinks that Leah gets motionsickness. This makes sense bc Julian and his mom both get it.

we can start rice cereal but I am opting to wait util 6 months which is actually recommended.

shots were a killer....she is weepy.

2 comments:

Shannon Corbeil said...

I've heard of a mix between "cry it out" and giving them attention when they want it. The first time they start crying you come in, give them some love, calm them down, etc. Then you leave. Then if they cry again, you let them cry for 5 minutes, then go in and soothe. Then wait 10 minutes, and so forth. ::shrug:: You let me know what works and just take notes for when I have little ones of my own....

Jen said...

Poor Leah I hope she doesn't have Jules motion sickness, I hope she is just a bad back seat driver