Today a few things that happened that I would never have guessed would make me smile and laugh. The first was when I found a pullup (Yes, I know I/she shouldn't be using them and that she should just be in underwear but um, sh*t happens. Literally. And I am tired of cleaning it out with my hands.) in Leah's pile that had Minnie Mouse amoungst the package of Cinderella. I actually searched the entire box and there wasn't another Minnie one and I got bummed.
We headed off to Dance class with Bri in her big girl car seat. We watched as Leah twirled and tried to show her teacher her painted toe nails and explain later that her daddy likes baseball. She also explained to the class that drum sticks are not for hitting baby bri with. At least she is learning :). The girls in dance are already starting to form friends...Leah still loves to play and hold hands with everyone but some of the girls who are a few months older are already deciding who they want to sit next to and who they don't. I wonder when Leah will change too...One little girl wouldn't let Leah sit by her (although Leah didn't seem to care), and I found myself unsympathetic when that girl couldn't hop hop hop over the pool noodles. Then I had to remind myself that she's not even three yet and we will have a decade or two filled with the girls being friends and then not being friends and then including some and some being left out and I guess, at some point, I will get used to it. Or maybe I won't. I will have to do my best to help teach her that it's good to be friends with everyone and to be nice to everyone. After class was over, she invited a little girl out to lunch with us (I did not even know her mom's name) and to our surprise, her mom decided to meet us at Noah's bagels for a quick bite.
Once we were home, Leah refused to get out of the car. I had Bri in my arms and Leah would go from her car seat to Bri's. I would go to Bri's side and she'd run and sit in her own seat again. It was so frustrating running back and forth that I started laughing hysterically which just made Leah want to do it more. I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants. This led to a conversation I have had to have too many times that starts with, "Leah, I am laughing because this is funny BUT, it's still not ok." For whatever reason, she gets that...and it was enough for her to get out of the car and come in. Go figure.
I brought a very tired Bri upstairs to nap and Leah took herself to her small potty. "I went poo poo, Mommy! You want to see?" Bri was almost done eating and I didn't want to walk and nurse her to the poop and then walk and nurse her with the poop to flush in the toilet, so I thought I'd wait a minute before going over. "Mommy, see? I did a big poop. It is ba-nah-nah." Poop to her is always either a banana or jelly beans. I can see that. I looked up and she was walking in with the white basin from her toddler potty and she put it in my hands...well, my one hand free while the other as holding Bri nursing. We ooohed and awed over the poop and I tried not to study it closely as I lifted bri and the potty towards the bathroom. Leah took it upon herself to grab it and flush it her self. Thank God she dumped it without missing.
Potty training is hit or miss....If we are at home and she can have no bottoms on (or find any bottoms to put on) then we are great. If she has underwear on, she'll go in it. If she has a pull up- she'll go in it. But we celebrate our successes as we go.
Before nap, Leah asked to see my armpits. "This ahm-pit", she lifts up and inspects. "No hair!" I don't know why she is so excited. I tend to keep my pits shaved, I mean usually.... "Let me see other ahm-pit....nope. no hairs der either." That's good because I am wearing a short sleeve shirt.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
good times with my girls
Posted by Samantha G. at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment