Well, Jen asked about the breastfeeding support class and if it gets awkward fast. Probably to a non-breastfeeding person, it would be awkward...but when u are breastfeeding, you get accustomed to just whipping it out to feed your kid and actually most of the time (at least in my house) covering up is more for the other person around (so THEY don't feel awkward). In public, it feels weird to me and I use a cover for my wellbeing, but it's getting easier. At first, I really didn't want to even with a cover, but I see a bunch of people doing it now and it doesn't look bad with the shield.
So at the class, you go in and take a seat on the floor. They have chairs that are the kind that u can lean into and they support you but you are still on the floor. Oh, you grab some water because staying hydrated is important. And then about 8 people were there yesterday and there is a lactation consultant who is the group leader....so one person starts and you go around in a circle and introduce yourself and your baby and then u ask a question or say what problem you're having....like I said, breastfeeding has more challenges than one would imagine....and then the lactation person answers the question ( some questions were about one baby hadn't pooped in 10 days...another's poop was green....some women are having pain in one breast more than they other....I asked a question about how Leah wouldn't take breastmilk after dinner one day bc i think the broccoli I ate upset her....people asked about ways to help their kid burp better, spit up questions, about pumping and storing, about breast accessories, etc) During that time, people just feed their kid. One lady used a coverup but the rest just did it because we're all in the same boat. They have a scale there and so you'd get up and weigh your baby before the feed and then weigh her after to see how many ounces she took in. Leah took in 2 ounces and she needs about 3-4 per feeding, but still 2 was good for her to take in at one stretch. When I went to the consultant on my own, Leah took an hour to take in about 2 ounces and she did the recent one in about 5-10minutes.
She is sleeping now and so I am going to rest. :)
2 comments:
interesting
Thanks for answering my question! You are a champ.
Post a Comment